Have you been finding it difficult to sign in to your TurboTax account lately because you no longer remember your password? Or is the password you think correct not accepted on the TurboTax sign-in page, and you repeatedly see an incorrect password error? Well, if that is something troubling you as well, then this guidebook has got you covered. Through this guidebook, we’d be taking you on a stroll through the correct procedures to change and reset your TurboTax password if you have forgotten it.
In this article, we have included the procedure to change the TurboTax password, as we think you must set a new password on your accounts to make them more secure and minimize the risk of account hacking. Additionally, we’ll discuss with you the basic requirements that would help you set a strong password on your accounts and a few more related things. So, with no further ado, let’s get into this topic and learn to recover a TurboTax account.
The procedure to change TurboTax password
You can either change your TurboTax account password by simply undergoing the TurboTax password reset process or by following the password-changing instructions specified below:
- To begin the process, you first need to be signed in to your TurboTax/intuit account
- After signing in, select your Intuit account
- This should be present just above the “Sign Out” option
- Later on, what you need to do is select the “Sign-in & security” option
- From here, you can easily change the information including your user ID, password, and other details
- Click the “Edit” option present next to your password
- Select a new password on this page and enter all the asked details
Make sure that the new password you choose meets the TurboTax password requirements. If you do not know these requirements, refer to the next section.
The TurboTax password requirements
Since TurboTax contains some essential details about your finances, it would be great if you set a strong and unique password. Abiding by the basic password requirements will not only help you in settling on a good password but will also help you in creating a suitable password. So, check out the list below to know more:
- Should be between 8-32 characters
- Should contain one upper case letter
- One lower case letter should also be included
- And, you should also include one special character
- Make sure you do not use your birth details or a phrase in your password
After learning the process of changing the TurboTax password, let us now look at the process of resetting the TurboTax password. Here is what you need to do to reset your password.
Read more :- how to access aol mail with microsoft outlook
TurboTax account recovery- Resetting the account password
If you are a TurboTax user who has a question in his mind, “I have forgotten my TurboTax account password; how to reset it?” then what you can do is follow the listed steps to set a new login password:
- The first thing that you should do is go to the TurboTax sign-in page
- Here, provide your email address or the phone number that you used for registration
- Thereafter, you need to click on the “Continue” option
- Next up, select the option to reset your password
- Set a new password after following the given on-screen instructions
- And, that’s how you reset TurboTax password
How to change TurboTax account recovery phone number?
If you want to change any of your account details for your TurboTax account, what you need to do is follow the given steps carefully to do so:
- Sign in to your TurboTax account first
- Now, select the Intuit account that you wish to change your password for
- Next up, go to the phone number section and then select the “Edit” option for the same
- Followed by this, you can choose a new phone number for your account
- When prompted, enter your password and then save the changes
Why is TurboTax password reset not working?
If your TurboTax password is not working, you might be feeding the incorrect account verification details on the account recovery page. To reset your password carefully, you must go to the TurboTax login page, click on the “I forgot my User Id or Password” option, and then follow the on-screen instructions carefully. Once you enter the correct details on the login page, you can set a new password for your account.
Changing or resetting the TurboTax password is very easy if you know your account recovery details and have access to the recovery phone number. However, if you do not remember the recovery details, you will never be able to recover your account. To ensure that you do not fall prey to any scam, ensure that you only recover your password via the official login website and not from anywhere else. Additionally, you should also take into consideration the minimum password requirements before settling for a new password.
Read more ;- FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE NOT WORKING,